Bitcoin’s advantages amidst the dark realities of crypto
Published by MartinVarsavsky.net in General with
Bitcoin, as a groundbreaking digital currency, has introduced several noteworthy advantages to the financial landscape. But the broader crypto world, faces numerous challenges and shortcomings. Let me go into this in more detail.
Advantages of Bitcoin:
- Decentralization and Transparency: Bitcoin operates on a decentralized network, reducing reliance on centralized authorities and enabling transparent transactions. Its blockchain technology allows for public scrutiny, enhancing trust and accountability.
- Financial Sovereignty: Bitcoin empowers individuals by providing them with full control over their funds. Users can transact without the need for intermediaries, ensuring greater financial autonomy and privacy.
- Borderless Transactions: Bitcoin’s global reach enables seamless cross-border transactions, overcoming barriers and facilitating efficient peer-to-peer transfers without traditional banking systems’ limitations and fees.
- Store of Value: I view Bitcoin primarily a store of value, akin to digital gold. Its limited supply and increasing adoption could potentially lead to long-term price appreciation. Since Wenceslao Casares first introduced me to it in 2011 I have seen this as its primary use.
But among the sound basis of Bitcoin a crypto world has emerged that is frequently a black hole of value. Let me enumerate the shortcomings.
- Market Volatility: The crypto market is notorious for its extreme price volatility, driven largely by speculation and pure market sentiment. This unpredictability poses risks to investors and hinders wider adoption as a stable medium of exchange.
- Regulatory Uncertainty: The regulatory landscape surrounding cryptocurrencies remains uncertain and inconsistent across different jurisdictions. This lack of clear guidelines and oversight creates legal ambiguities and investor concerns.
- Security Vulnerabilities: Cryptocurrencies are susceptible to hacking, fraud, and theft. Instances of exchange breaches and wallet compromises highlight the need for robust security measures to safeguard digital assets. Crypto is safe but dealing in crypto frequently is not.
- Market Manipulation: The crypto market has experienced manipulation, including pump-and-dump schemes and insider trading. Such practices erode market integrity and harm unsuspecting investors.
- Lack of Scalability: Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies often face scalability issues, struggling to handle a large volume of transactions quickly and cost-effectively. This limitation inhibits their wider adoption for everyday use.
- Environmental Impact: The energy consumption associated with Bitcoin mining has drawn criticism due to its carbon footprint. The energy-intensive nature of mining contributes to environmental concerns, particularly when fossil fuels are predominantly used for mining operations.
- Limited Real-World Use Cases: While Bitcoin has gained acceptance in certain sectors, cryptocurrencies, as a whole, still struggle to find widespread real-world utility beyond speculation and investment. Adoption by mainstream businesses and individuals remains limited.
- Lack of Consumer Protection: The absence of comprehensive consumer protection mechanisms exposes cryptocurrency users to various risks, such as scams, misleading information, and inadequate safeguards against fraudulent practices.
- Initial Coin Offering (ICO) Pitfalls: ICOs, despite their potential to fund innovative projects, have become a breeding ground for scams and failed ventures. Investors often face substantial financial losses due to inadequate due diligence and regulatory oversight.
- Speculative Nature: The speculative nature of the crypto market can lead to irrational exuberance, contributing to price bubbles and subsequent crashes. This volatility and uncertainty deter risk-averse investors and hinder cryptocurrency’s credibility as a stable financial instrument.
Bitcoin’s advantages, including decentralization, transparency, financial sovereignty, and borderless transactions, highlight the potential of internet-native money. However, the crypto world presents numerous challenges, such as market volatility, regulatory uncertainties, security vulnerabilities, and scalability limitations. Additionally, concerns about environmental impact, limited real-world use cases, lack of consumer protection, ICO pitfalls, NFT debacles and the speculative nature of the market make me and many others believe that crypto beyond Bitcoin is a dangerous swamp.
Those of you who are against the existence of the state of Israel use as a main point the misconception Israel represents a “white” colonization of the “brown” Middle East. This oversimplified perspective disregards historical facts and diverse demographics. By examining key aspects of the current population of Israel: the Holocaust’s impact, the Arab inhabitants of Israel, and the expulsion of Jews from Muslim countries and subsequent immigration to Israel, we can shed light on the fallacy of this viewpoint and conclude that Israel is also a “brown” country.
- Holocaust: A Tragic Reminder of Jewish Origins: The Holocaust stands as a stark reminder that European Jews, with their roots in the Middle East, were victims of genocide perpetrated by the Nazis. Approximately two-thirds of European Jews were annihilated, around 6 million of them, solely due to their Semitic heritage. Nazi ideology, driven by Aryan supremacism, perceived Jews as racially inferior. Jews were not killed for their beliefs, to the Nazi murderers it did not matter if someone was a religious or secular Jews, Jews were killed over their semitic racial heritage. Thus, Israel’s establishment served as a refuge for the survivors, allowing them to reclaim their ancestral homeland not as European but as semites. Having said this now Jews of European origin are a minority in Israel.
- Arab Origins within Israel: Contrary to the notion of Israel as a white European entity, a significant proportion of its population is of Arab origin. Today, around 2 million Arab citizens reside in Israel, accounting for about 20% of the population. Way more than the 450k Arab citizens who resided in Israel when the country was established in 1948. They enjoy equal rights and actively participate in various aspects of Israeli society, challenging the notion of Israel as a colonizing force. They have more democratic rights than Arabs in Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia.
- Jewish ethnic cleansing from Muslim Countries: The majority of Jews in Israel hail from Muslim-majority countries such as Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Morocco, and others. These Jewish communities have ancient roots dating back to before the advent of Islam. Tragically, they faced expulsion and persecution in their countries of origin, prompting their migration to Israel. This historical reality undermines the assertion of Israel as a white European endeavor and emphasizes the return of Jews to their ancestral land. Most of Israel settlers come from Muslim countries.
- Reclaiming Homeland, Not Colonization: Viewing Israel as a white European colonization overlooks the fact that many Jewish inhabitants were expelled or displaced from what is now Israel, and their return signifies a reconnection to their historical homeland. It is essential to recognize their rights to self-determination and reclaiming their heritage.
Understanding the multifaceted nature of Israel’s history and demographics is crucial in countering the erroneous portrayal of Israel as a white European colonization of the Middle East. The Holocaust’s impact, the Arab origins within Israel, the expulsion of Jews from Muslim countries, and the nation’s cultural diversity highlight the fallacy of this perspective. Recognizing Israel as a brown country, where different communities coexist and reclaim their roots, fosters a more nuanced understanding of its complex story. Most of the Jews who now live in Israel faced harassment and death in their countries of origin.
Human Resources beat Natural Resources in Economic Development
Published by MartinVarsavsky.net in General with
Natural resources have long been viewed as critical factors in a country’s economic development. However, the true engine of prosperity lies not only in having land, minerals, oil and other natural wealth but in having highly educated, hard working, and talented population. A few examples come to mind.
Israel vs. Saudi Arabia:
Knowledge-Based Israel, a country with scarce natural resources, has achieved remarkable economic success when compared with Saudi Arabia. By prioritizing human capital development, Israel has nurtured a thriving technology based economy. The nation has emerged as a global leader in innovation, particularly in defense, cybersecurity, biotechnology, and agriculture. Groundbreaking research and development endeavors have paved the way for high-value products and services. This emphasis on human resources has propelled Israel to surpass Saudi Arabia in terms of GDP per capita, despite the latter’s abundance of oil reserves. Latest figures showed Israel GDP per capita at $52k vs $20k of Saudi Arabia.
Netherlands vs. Argentina:
The Netherlands, renowned for its highly advanced agricultural sector, exemplifies the power of human resources in maximizing a nation’s potential. Despite the fact that you need 177 Netherlands to make one Argentina, and it having very limited arable land, the Netherlands ranks among the world’s top exporters of agricultural products beating Argentina on $100bn of agricultural exports vs $65bn. The country’s commitment to innovation, adoption of advanced farming techniques, and investment in research and development have fostered high agricultural productivity. Conversely, Argentina, with its vast land resources, faces challenges in infrastructure, technology adoption, and value chain development, constraining its ability to fully capitalize on its agricultural potential. Decades of corruption and poor government have left the Argentine countryside barren compared to the tiny agricultural land of Netherlands. Holland’s success underscores how skilled human resources can overcome physical constraints, driving economic prosperity.
Costa Rica vs. Venezuela:
Sustainable Development through Human Capital Costa Rica and Venezuela present divergent examples of human resources’ impact on economic development. Despite its smaller land area and limited natural resources, Costa Rica has positioned itself as a leader in sustainable development. By making substantial investments in education, healthcare, and environmental conservation, the country has nurtured a skilled workforce while attracting international investment. In contrast, Venezuela, blessed with abundant oil reserves, has experienced severe economic decline due to mismanagement and the neglect of human capital. Insufficient investment in education, healthcare, and other critical sectors has impeded Venezuela’s ability to effectively harness its natural resources. The result is that Costa Rica GDP per capita is $11k, slightly higher than that of Argentina and Venezuela who has the largest oil reserves in the world has a GDP per capita of $1350.
Japan vs. Brazil
Japan’s transformation from post-war devastation to an economic powerhouse exemplifies the transformative power of human resources. Despite minimal natural resources, Japan prioritized the development of a highly skilled workforce through investments in education and training. This cultivated human capital served as the driving force behind Japan’s industrialization and technological advancements. In contrast, Brazil, endowed with vast natural resources, has faced challenges in translating its resource wealth into sustainable economic development. Insufficient investments in education, infrastructure, and innovation have hindered Brazil’s ability to diversify its economy and fully leverage its human potential. Result is that Japan has a GDP per capita of $40k and Brazil of $8k.
While natural resources can contribute to economic growth and if you are a country like Norway that is lucky enough to have both natural and Human Resources you become the world champion on GDP per capita (over $80k). But if you have to choose Human Resources invariably beat natural resources. By investing in education, skills development, research and development, and fostering a culture of innovation, countries can nurture a highly productive workforce capable of driving economic growth, diversification, and sustainable development. Recognizing the power of human resources allows nations to thrive and overcome the constraints imposed by limited natural resources.
AI is a tool
Published by MartinVarsavsky.net in General with
Several well known thinkers have expressed concerns about the dangers of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Elon Musk said that AI could become an “existential risk for human civilization,” while the late physicist Stephen Hawking warned that it could “spell the end of the human race.” I acknowledge these concerns but to some extent; AI can indeed pose a tremendous risk, much like nuclear weapons. However, it’s important to emphasize that, akin to nuclear weapons, AI cannot initiate an attack on its own. It must be programmed to do so.
AI, at its core, is a tool, a mirror. It possesses no personal agenda, no inherent morality, and no autonomous motivation to cause harm or good. It merely reflects the intentions of its creators and users. The real danger isn’t the mirror itself, but the reflection it casts – a reflection influenced by human actions.
Deepfakes, sophisticated cyber-attacks, manipulative social engineering, autonomous weapons, and perpetuation of biases are just a few examples of how AI can be misused when reflecting malevolent human intentions. Each of these scenarios underscores that the true threat isn’t AI developing its own harmful agency, but rather, those who may use AI as a tool for harm. AI can cause enormous harm, but not on its own.
It’s also equally important to remember that the reflection can be one of great good. AI can be used to create incredible benefits for society when utilized responsibly and ethically. Here are some examples:
Healthcare Advancements: AI can improve patient care, enhance early disease detection, and aid in the development of new treatments and medicines. Combine with pharmacogenomics AI can make medical care more personalized and efficient.
Climate Change Mitigation: AI can help us analyze and understand climate patterns, predict natural disasters, and optimize renewable energy sources. It’s a great tool in our fight against environmental damage.
Education Personalization: AI can tailor educational content to individual students, helping them learn more effectively and at their own pace. It’s transforming the educational landscape, making learning more accessible and personalized.
Poverty Alleviation: By aiding in resource allocation, predicting economic trends, and providing access to digital services, AI can contribute significantly to poverty reduction efforts.
Space Exploration: AI can analyze vast amounts of data from space, help navigate rovers on distant planets, and even aid in the search for extraterrestrial life. It’s an essential tool in our quest to explore the universe.
Like any tool, the benefits or harms of AI largely depend on the hands that wield it. AI itself isn’t the risk; it’s the potential for misuse by those with malevolent intent. Our focus should be on fostering responsible AI development and usage, guided by strong ethical principles and societal norms. AI can augment evil but use properly it can augment kindness. And that should be our objective.
When I was a child, back in 1972, the Club of Rome, a global think tank, released a report titled “The Limits to Growth”. In this report, it warned the world about the possible consequences of unchecked growth. These warnings were based on Malthusian theory, proposed by Thomas Malthus in the late 18th century. Malthus suggested that while populations grow exponentially, food production can only grow linearly, which would eventually lead to global starvation. The Club of Rome extended Malthus’s arguments to include resources like oil, gas, and minerals. Most scientists in the 70s believed that the Club of Rome was right in predicting our economic demise. My childhood and adolescense was marked by a sense of doom, that by the year 2000 global wars over resources were going to be common place and humanity was going to be impoverished and hungry. Few would have guessed that by 2000 we mostly had global peace (especially compared to WWI and WWII) and while population had doubled so had GDP per capita around the world.
As we moved into the 21st century, we realized that the predicted Malthusian catastrophe had been averted. Despite the global population increasing from 3.7 billion in 1970 to 7.8 billion by 2020, surprising and phenomenal advances in technology allowed us to overcome the forecasted food and resource shortages.
Key among these was the Green Revolution. It involved the creation of high-yielding varieties of cereal grains, expansion of irrigation infrastructure, and distribution of hybridized seeds, synthetic fertilizers, and pesticides to farmers. The introduction of disease-resistant wheat and rice dramatically increased per-acre yields. For instance, wheat yields in developing countries doubled between 1961 and 1982.
The energy sector also saw significant advancements. New oil and gas extraction techniques such as hydraulic fracturing, or “fracking,” and horizontal drilling were developed in the late 20th century. These technologies enabled access to reserves that were previously uneconomical to extract, leading to an unexpected abundance of fossil fuels. Fossil fuel production grew way beyond the most optimistic predictions of the 70s.
In the face of the current global challenge, climate change, many are drawing parallels with the Malthusian predictions of the past. Scientists warn that if we continue to burn fossil fuels at the current rate, we risk causing catastrophic climate changes. However, I believe that just as technological advancements got us out of the Malthusian trap, they will also help us tackle climate change.
For instance, the cost of solar photovoltaic modules has fallen by nearly 99% since 1976, thanks to improved manufacturing processes and efficiencies. From 2010 to 2020, the cost of installing solar power dropped from $0.378 per kWh to $0.068 per kWh, making it competitive with traditional forms of energy.
Wind turbines have also significantly improved. Modern turbines are taller, have longer blades, and are more efficient than their predecessors. They can now generate power at a capacity factor of 45%, up from 30-35% in the early 2000s.
Battery technology has improved too, largely driven by the rise of electric vehicles (EVs). The cost of lithium-ion batteries fell by 89% from 2010 to 2020, from $1,160 per kWh to $137 per kWh, making electric cars more affordable.
Meanwhile, nuclear fission has made progress, with several countries investing in small modular reactors (SMRs), which are more flexible and cost-effective than traditional reactors. And while fusion power remains largely experimental as of 2021, the ITER project, a multinational collaboration aiming to demonstrate the feasibility of fusion power, is expected to begin plasma experiments by 2025.
Electrification of transportation is another promising development. By 2021, there were over 10 million electric cars on the world’s roads, up from virtually none in 2010. Companies like Tesla, Nissan, and BYD have been at the forefront of this transition, with models like the Tesla Model 3, Nissan Leaf, and BYD Qin becoming increasingly common.
While I think it made sense to think like the scientists of the Club of Rome thought back in the 70s that the world was going to destruction via starvation and resource depletion and that it makes sense that Al Gore, Greta Thunberg and millions of others think that we are on the same path regarding climate change, paradoxically, what scientists consistently get wrong is their own ability to engineer their way out of seemingly unsurmountable technical challenges.
I am confident that just like we can now house, feed, educate and take care of 8 billion people (if there still is over a billion people living in extreme poverty that is out of poor politics and not lack of resources), we will be able to deal with the temporary rise in temperatures as we stop burning fossil fuels. Wind, solar, nuclear and batteries are way on their way to give us the solution we need to avoid climate catastrophe.
Huawei P20 Pro Stock Firmware Android 8 Oreo
Published by MartinVarsavsky.net in Flash Files with
Works with the RAW10 format (other RAW formats may result in black photos). Lib patcher and Libs affect noise levels, detail vs smoothness, colours, add/remove brightness to shadows, etc.
Before starting, you need to check whether your device support or not according to the list of mobile phones. The article mainly shows you how to back up Android ROM to PC safely.
The most needed file for the backup; the Scatter file, can now be created automatically. The Potato Open Sauce Project is brought to you by a team of Indian developers who have adopted the quintessential potato as their choice of name.
It is only compatible with a limited number of devices and may not work properly on all of them. It is recommended to check if GCam APK is compatible with your device before stock ROMs installing it.
- However, manufacturers often stop releasing updates for the older devices.
- As soon the Google releases some updates, most of the stock Android devices quickly receive these updates.
- It is recommended to check if GCam APK is compatible with your device before installing it, and to only download the app from this magiskzip.com.
- To download Gcam 8.7, you can simply click on the download button below.
This will help you make it possible to install and enjoy all the premium features of GCam. The camera is one of the critical aspects when buying any smartphone. The camera is not limited to any influencer due to its multipurpose usage.
Users have reported issues like screen flickering in some games and slow-charging on the ROM, but fortunately, we didn’t face either issues with the August 2019 builds. The only issue we faced was a lower than usual volume through the earpiece during calls. Other than that, the ROM was pretty stable and fluid throughout our testing period. Last time we tried (15th October), the ROM was super smooth and lag-free. Everything worked, and the battery life we were getting initially was about 9 hours of SOT with 4G and all the regular apps.
MSM Xtended ROM Android 11 based custom ROM of Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 Pro builds by the pranavkpr developer of XDA. LineageOS ROM unofficially supported for Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1. It means you will not get regular OTA updates with that custom ROM.
- Their single-core CPU can’t handle fast VPN speeds, and hits 100% utilization around 8-12 Mbps over VPN (depending on whether your VPN uses 128-bit or 256-bit encryption).
- A Wake-on-LAN page has a drop-down of all MAC addresses with any resolved names, which you see in the image below.
- It supports all the Asus phones including Asus X00TD, Asus Z010D, Asus Zenfone 6, Asus Zenfone 5, Asus Zenfone 4, Asus https://www.midaproperty.com/firmware-update-guide-for-samsung-s6-edge-sm-g925t/ Zenfone 3, Asus Zenfone 2, and other phones.
- Your build may not include a version number or may identify itself as a “KANG” rather than UNOFFICIAL version.
Now below we mention some cons of installing ROM, make sure you read this. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.
It’s a process called “flashing.” And it’s easy enough. Are you searching for the stock firmware for your Asus Clone device?
The scores are of the latest firmware available at the time of the reviews. Purpose-built is the keyword since all Asus standalone routers can work as part of an AiMesh system, and all Zenwifi routers can work as standalone routers. If you have questions like “What’s the best Asus router / Zenwifi mesh system?
Out of his financial mess if you’re already living together, you should go ahead and consult and attorney now to determine if it’s possible to commingle your property while keeping you. If he nevertheless has debt that is significant, having this discussion with legal counsel is unquestionably well worth your whilst.
The larger Discussion to own
Here’s yet another thing to take into account: economic boundaries continue.
He probably overextended himself to buy properties that are too many. In which he neglected to policy for the long run.
This isn’t always a deal breaker, either. Specially he’s learned his lesson if you think. You should really be careful about permitting him get involved with your money until he’s proven himself.
Give consideration to maintaining your funds very nearly entirely split for a several years. When he has reconstructed their credit making choices that are consistently good you can look at going the joint funds route, if that’s your choice. Read More
They Have Been Ideal Partners
Hispanics have actually the features that are following
g. There aren’t any boundaries for them. They use the most readily useful from life. They may not be centered on typical everyday circumstances. A few of them may even get up a notch and turn the heart associated with business during the celebration.
Latin dating requires a cost in the proven fact that Latinos are passionate enthusiasts. They are temperamental characters that drive them crazy. They effortlessly compromise. Intimate life using them is much like a mythic. Hispanics give by themselves totally to get results, family members, enjoyable, and love.
The household is a huge wide range for every resident of Latin America. These lovers discover how essential it really is become one household group. They learn how to cope with sweethearts. As a result, they could be partners that are reliable. Latin relationship promises you more than simply a romantic date. You will become element of their loved ones. They will love you, dearly and look after you.
Latino Singles Looking
Finding your delight is not hard when you yourself have selected the right dating platform. Latin dating provides each user that is latino singles. They are dependable pages employed by authenticated users from Latin America. Solitary Hispanics see certain areas to own not merely enjoyable but in addition a relationship that is serious. With regards to genuine conferences, 50 % of the prospects have previously become famous in the Latin that is current dating. Read More
Therefore don’t start thinking about starting your comedy job as of this time. Instead, test her by saying jokes you know for certain aren’t funny, then make use of your judgment to ascertain if she really discovers you funny, or if she simply likes you.
We went over in indication quantity # 2 exactly exactly how a woman’s locks is just a feature that is powerful used to draw males in. Well, they usually have a few more..
Yes, I’m speaking about her breast, bum, and each other human body component that triggers a response that is sexual both you as well as other males
Ladies understand your attraction that is innate to features.
Therefore, if they wish to be noticed by some guy they like they start to draw focus on those parts of the body.
Two methods they are doing it is by;
- protruding her upper body whenever she’s conversing with your
- speaks about her ass along with her breasts to you personally.
A different one is if she subtly licks her lips while getting together with you. O nce the truth is that you then know this woman is most likely hoping to get your attention.
Indications A Girl Likes You # 5: “Randomly” Eventually Ends Up Across You
She will never ever communicate with you first, but just what she’s going to do is facilitate the problem to help you keep in touch with her. Read More